What a researcher can do:
- Log into the front end dashboard using UH credentials
- Create/submit projects from the dashboard
- Check the status of his/her request from the dashboard
- Receive email notifications every time a new participant has signed up for the project
- Activate participants that have taken part in the project so they can submit feedback and get credit
- Receive anonymous participant feedback by email
Users participating in the process: researcher, faculty committee.
- Researcher: review the general guidelines for researchers’ including the Information for Researchers handout
- Researcher: log into the site via the login link on the right sidebar
- Researcher: go to the dashboard by clicking the Dashboard button on the right sidebar
- Researcher: from the user dashboard click the link Create New Project
- Researcher: the user will be directed to the Linguistics Beyond the Classroom Study Submission Form page
- Researcher: the user will need to fill out the form and click the submit button
- Researcher: the user will be directed to a page that confirms the submission
- The faculty committee will review the submission.
- Researchers can check the status of their project by going to the User dashboard. Once a project is approved it will be listed on the site (projects page), allowing for potential participants to sign up
How participants sign up for project participation:
Users participating in the process: participant, researcher
- Participant: the user will need to go to projects and click on the sign up link
- Participant: the user will need to provide UH credentials
- Participant: the user will be directed to the signup form page
- Participant: the user will need to fill out the form and click the submit button
- Researcher: the user will receive an email notifying the new sign up (the email includes name and UH email for the participant)
How researchers approve participants for feedback submission and credit:
Users participating in the process: researcher, participant
- Researcher: the user will need to go to the dashboard
- Researcher: the user will need to click the activate link for the project
- Researcher: a list of participants will be displayed to the user
- Researcher: the user can allow participants to submit feedback by selecting yes in the column participation in project and then update.
- Participant: the feedback link will be displayed to the user in the Feedback forms for participants page: http://ling.hawaii.edu/sites/lbc/projects-feedback/ (on the right sidebar).
- Researchers can provide their own custom forms by filling out the custom form field in the Linguistics Beyond the Classroom Study Submission Form
- Researchers can also edit their project data from the user dashboard